CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
We are looking for a talented and collaborative AIX Administrator to join our team at our Chertsey.
You will be joining a highly experienced and supportive team committed to providing the very best healthcare software on the market through innovation and creativity.
- To work within the Delivery environment organising and overseeing all customer-based IT implementations, developing quality processes and documentation for installation to satisfy the customer and business requirements
- Support of the WinPath Enterprise solution, comprising of various Oracle databases including WinPath, PathManager and Cyberlab applications database storage mechanisms
- Support the LabCentre solution at the hardware and database level.
- Working closely with the Service Desk and development teams to solve customer Oracle issues as required and to lead in customer database upgrades and sizing as required.
- Delivering support in accordance within product lifecycle processes in accordance with the product roadmap.
- To work within the Sales process to ensure accurate and timely quotations for customer-based Unix IT implementations
- To work within the Service environment organising and overseeing all customer-based IT activities, developing quality processes for finding and resolving incidents and problems to meet defined Service Level Agreements to satisfy the customer and business requirements
- To keep abreast of ongoing and future working practices, products and technologies within the IT and pathology domain
Reports to: Technical Services Manager
Education and Experience:
- IBM certification in AIX.
- Unidata certification is desirable.
- Minimum five years’ experience of UNIX based environments (AIX and Linux, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and two years’ experience working with a Unidata environment
- Working knowledge and experience of IBM PowerHA, preferably with GLVM plus experience of IBM Power Systems
- Familiarity with virtualised environments – VMware or Hyper-V
- Experience of IBM PowerVM would be desirable
- Experience of IBM HMCs would be desirable
- Experience of IBM entry level Tape Libraries would be desirable
- Experience in Oracle database administration and design, preferably within a software solutions house.
- Some experience in implementation of high availability solutions with Oracle 10g/11g RAC, CRS, Physical and Logical Standby database, Active Data Guard, experience in Grid Control (Oracle Enterprise Manager), RMAN/backups/Recovery, import/export and data pump. Any experience of LogMiner, Golden Gate and RAT also beneficial.
- Experience of installing and performance tuning of RAC and large scale Oracle databases on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Knowledge of how Oracle resources are being used during SQL executions
- Some knowledge of large Oracle database design, sizing and administration on both physical and virtual platforms.
- Experience in data migrations, patching and bug fix scripts.
- Strong Technical background
- Good Documentation Skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong motivational skills – can deliver the tasks in difficult circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organisational levels
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- High level of customer service skills
- Excellent decision making / problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Adaptability / flexible to changing demands
- Ability to implement and manage change
- Assertiveness and sound judgement
- Oracle Database Server 10g & above ** Highly Desirable
- Design and implementation considerations
- Database administration
- PLSQL *Highly Desirable
- Command line scripting
- TOAD and/or SQL Developer * Desirable
- Use of MS Office tools (to include; Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Powerpoint etc).
- Awareness of ITIL and Project Management methodologies.
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a competitive basic salary
plus a generous package
and great work environment.