DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR CREATING WINNING AND COMPELLING BIDS?
CliniSys is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe, of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software. We are also the creator of market-leading products such as Winpath and ICE.
Our systems help medical professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients across the country every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a talented Bid Executive, to support in driving up win rates, commercial growth and profit across new and existing clientele.
As an integral member of the team the focus of this role is to own and support multiple bids throughout the bid process, producing and delivering effective, well documented, high-quality bid responses, commercial proposals and presentation collateral.
- To collaborate with the Bid Manager, other colleagues and suppliers as required, to deliver high quality responses in a timely manner
- To manage bids throughout the bid & sales lifecycle, ensuring that documents are of a consistently high standard and are compelling, compliant and meet all legal, commercial and technical requirements
- Coaching colleagues on bid governance, bid qualification and best practice
- Supporting sales and technical teams through proposals, pitches, presentations and any preparation
- Developing compelling win themes, in conjunction with the sales and technical teams
- Writing client-focused RFP/ITT responses and compliant SQ/PQQ submissions
- Working with the Bid Manager and technical sales specialists in coordinating the overarching bid programme and resource management
- Scheduling meetings, reviews etc. ensuring the necessary resources are available when required
- Creation and formation of bid documents and collateral, including the production of bid responses and presentation documentation
- Proof reading all documentation prior to submission
- Conducting bid debriefs on both won and lost opportunities
- Producing and updating the bid FAQ library
Essential skills required
- Demonstrable understanding of public body procurement, including detailed knowledge of the OJEU procurement process with background of producing detailed bid submissions as well as SQ/PQQs
- An exceptional eye for detail with the ability to quickly identify key points of interest within a bid, and to work with the Bid Manager, Sales Lead and Subject Matter Expert’s to devise a winning strategy and approach
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Excellent project management and time management skills with the ability to coordinate and keep track of a programme of activity through the setting, communication and management of clear milestones and deadlines with key stakeholders
- Flexible and open to changing priorities, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and within compressed timeframes
- Ability to ensure content contributors meet deadlines as required, through clear communication and progress monitoring of SME’s at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to proactively identify and escalate potential delays to agreed bid plan milestones
- Excellent overall communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think both logically and creatively
- Ability to work on your own initiative, and also as part of the team
- Creative, with a proven ability to take an initiative from concept, through development into implementation
- Experienced in using websites and portals to locate and submit bids
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Adobe
- Ability to work well under pressure, support colleagues and drive a bid through to completion
- Knowledge of Shipley methodology and preferably APMP Foundation qualified
- Background in coordinating the process of a range of different sized bids (small value recurring sales to multi-million pound complex managed contracts
- Sound commercial and contractual understanding of either public sector, IT or managed services market
- Knowledge of the health sector
- Creating, administering and updating SharePoint sites or experience of administering similar CRM type systems
- Experience in developing material for a Bid Knowledge library
- Experience in use of InDesign would be useful