IS CREATING WINNING AND COMPELLING BIDS IN YOUR DNA?
CliniSys is the market-leading supplier in Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and integrated clinical environments (ICE). As CliniSys builds on its success and expands the current solutions portfolio, we are seeking a Bid Support Manager to join a dynamic and fast-paced Commercial Management team, to drive, develop and mentor the Bid Support team, producing quality winning bids submissions for both new business and after sales. Strategic markets include all areas of healthcare, including both NHS and private healthcare providers.
The Bid Support Manager role will be based in Chertsey, Surrey, and the successful candidate will be required to travel throughout the UK and potentially Europe as and when required.
- Taking ownership of our bid submissions and Bid Support team, whilst adding value and helping to increase our leading market share and win rate.
- Leading, developing and mentoring a dynamic UK Bid Support team, whilst providing matrix leadership and guidance of internal stakeholders and ad-hoc third parties.
- Project managing and co-ordinating the Bid Support team to deliver high quality winning bids, across both new business and after sales.
- Ensuring all bid documentation is consistently at a high standard, compelling, compliant, meeting all legal, commercial and technical requirements.
- Acting as a beacon of best practice, managing some bids yourself, whilst leading, supporting and educating your team.
- Hiring and leading Bid Support team members, and conducting general leadership duties such as interviews, one-to-one meetings, personal development plans and performance management.
- Ensuring that sales are supported by a designated Bid Support team member and progressed through solution design and positioning, prior to the commencement of a formal procurement process.
- Managing a high-level bid programme plan for all opportunities scheduled for the commercial team, and providing resource planning information to the business;
- Ensuring that each bid has a team owner and a project plan that correlates with the ISO processes.
- Ensuring the bid team leads and co-ordinates the formal kick off meeting for all bids, and that all responsibilities and timescales are documented and agreed.
- Ensuring that all bids are coordinated through the appropriate gateway approvals prior to submission.
- Overseeing the co-ordination of the bid process, ensuring that content is provided in a timely fashion, and escalating issues where appropriate.
- Proactively monitoring and assessing the bid process, identifying areas for improvement in terms of quality, time and effort.
- Providing management and technical bid / sales expertise
- Ensuring the team contributes to the production of high-quality Expressions of Interest and Pre-Tender Questionnaires by co-ordinating the responses to strategic questions.
- Ensuring the team co-ordinates and manages requirements for demonstrations and reference site visits, both during any formal procurement process and as otherwise required.
- Collaborating with the Commercial Manager to identify and implement business improvement initiatives.
- Assisting and adding value to the sales and marketing of all CliniSys products and services and development of the wider commercial team.
- Supporting your peers in the wider management of the commercial team such as periods of vacation, or planned offsite business.
- Production of periodical management reports against business plans and objectives, and providing ad-hoc reports as required by the business.
- Successful track record in the sales and bid process of technology solutions within the NHS or public sector.
- Strong proven track record in the co-ordination and production of large and complex bid submissions and sales proposals.
- Previous management of a bid team and supporting a multi-bid process
- Experienced collaborative leader, with the ability to demonstrate hands-on best practice and win business, while managing and motivating a team.
- Ability to manage resources for a bid department, as well as setting, communicating and managing clear milestones and deadlines with key stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to proactively resolve, identify or escalate potential delays to agreed milestones, whilst ensuring formal gateway reviews take place within agreed timescales.
- Experience co-ordinating diverse range of direct and virtual resources to tight deadlines.
- Experience of public body procurement, including detailed knowledge of the OJEU procurement process.
- Proactive, flexible, highly motivated with an enthusiasm to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a wider management team within the commercial team.
- Ability to work unsupervised and collect relevant information from different sources.
- Quality focused.
- Outstanding grammatical, written English and numeracy skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of co-ordinating the bid process, supporting bids ranging for small value recurring sales sub £50k to large complex new business bids in excess of £1million.
- Sound commercial and contractual experience in the public sector, IT or IT services market.
- Knowledge of health sector or public sector.
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills, including creation of standard templates.
- Microsoft Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience of creating, administering and updating a SharePoint site.