CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci and ICE
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
It’s an exciting time for CliniSys as we launch our Genetics solution into the UK and Ireland markets, the Business Development Director (Genetics) is responsible for the ownership, orchestration, successful delivery and growth of the Genetics business for UK and Ireland.
- Plan, launch and sell our Genetic software products into the UK&I market
- Working with Product, Sales and Marketing teams to define and articulate a “Winning” strategy for Genetics in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland, once defined this position is responsible to ensure we as a company execute the strategy.
- Define, develop, own, and execute a programme plan designed to deliver on the above strategy including helping move customers from legacy products to our Genetics products.
- Carry out extensive customer interactions to identify the needs that new or improved products can fulfil – extending the reach and stickiness of our Genetics product
- Work with the UK Product team to integrate our Genetics solutions into our wider product sets as necessary.
- Develop and drive a Genetics strategy with Sales to move the customer base.
- Develop and implement integrated sales strategies into our sales environment
- Work alongside sales and senior leadership teams to create and drive key strategies to protect our installed base and explore adjacent Genetics market opportunities.
- Develop one of the first sites into a Genetics exemplar reference site in readiness for tender validation to ensure we are involved in relevant regional and national initiatives and successfully execute any projects arising.
- Work closely with the Sales leads to identify and develop supportive relationships with the key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Providing the solution design support for the Genetics product set and working with service adoption and product development, ensuring ownership of output in support of timely bid submissions.
- Developing solution collateral for the sales team in conjunction with Marketing, Product and Delivery across the Genetics product set.
- Leading the Genetics commercial role in the CliniSys Design Authority Group;
- Working with Product Specialists, the Product Managers, Chief Solutions Architect and IT Services Manager to ensure Genetics knowledge and systems are up-to-date with new developments, products and solution design
- Ensuring the Genetics demonstration systems and server are maintained and kept up-to-date with the latest releases of Genetics products
- Help support the National Pathology Programme and become acknowledged as a Trusted Advisor for Genetics in all countries.
- Ensure we demonstrate awareness and alignment with Genetic specific requirements and initiatives in our responses and correspondence.
- To help manage and support demonstrations, roadshows, and users around Genetics - attending and participating in relevant professional and national meetings with organisations.
- Work in a team environment to build and maintain ongoing customer relationships to ensure sales can achieve order intake growth targets
Skills and Experience Required
- In-depth knowledge of the UK and Ireland Genetics healthcare market
- Strong background in business development, sales or marketing of technologies
- Demonstrable success in developing and executing business and sales strategies
- Good understanding of product management / development and services
- Excellent leadership people and communications skills to collaborate with multi-stakeholder environments and clientele
- Experience in healthcare - pathology and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) implementations desirable
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary and car allowance plus a generous package and great work environment.
This role will be home-based; you will be required to undertake significant travel across the UK to client sites and commitments, company offices, and events, as and when required.