CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
As a WinPath Enterprise Software Developer, you will focus on the development and support of new and existing web services and client applications.
You will form part of a greater team that will deliver product enhancements and support in accordance with the software development lifecycle against the product roadmap and strategy. You will use your skills, innovation and creativity to solve complex challenges, whilst working within an agile development environment to ensure product developments meet all desired timelines.
- Undertaking development requests as required and executing using best practice, working within the company’s ISO processes
- Highlighting where a development task requested presents a design compromise or possible future problem
- Considering the operational, deployment and support impacts of any design decisions made
- Taking part in daily scrum meetings to ensure the team leader/scrum master can manage the development projects, and reporting on the product plan
- Participating in the monthly meetings (part of the company communications policy) to ensure end-to-end communication is maintained throughout the company
- Assisting the testing team in their endeavours when questions arise, undertaking rework activities when directed to do so by the development team leader
- Assisting the support team when questions arise
- In-depth background in developing web services and client applications
- Experience delivering solutions from concept to final implementation
- Strong understanding of agile development practices and scrums
- Experience of working within a test-driven development environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the confidence to make and stand by decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to recognise your audience’s technical understanding and level, and adapt accordingly
- Strong technical skills utilising key technologies such as:
- Visual Studio 2012 (or above)
- .NET Framework 4 (or above)
- nHibernate or equivalent ORMs
- ADO or ODP
- Test Frameworks
- Microsoft Testing Framework
- Application Server
Any exposure to the following would be highly desirable
- PLSQL on Oracle 11g (or above)
- Test Frameworks
Why join CliniSys:
- You will work alongside top experts in your field
- Bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Support with developing your career and skillset
- Contribute to the creation of vital healthcare technology that aids and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists to diagnose millions of patients
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 350 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary plus a generous package and great work environment.
The role well be based at our Chertsey office and may require infrequent travel to other offices, sites or events when required.