CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and Order Comms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
It is an exciting time for you to join CliniSys. Demand for our software and services is accelerating as we help the NHS develop their new Pathology Networks, to better support an ageing population with higher rates of chronic disease, the shift towards personalised medicine and advances in disciplines such as genomics, for predictive and preventative medicine, and to realise the potential offered by new technologies such as digital pathology and machine learning.
To support and deliver continued growth, we are looking to add a Contract Specialist to our commercial contract management team. You will take ownership of a diverse range of contracts, managing them throughout their lifecycle, producing high quality, risk-balanced contracts, whether bespoke or template-based, negotiating with customers, suppliers, partners and channel partners, whilst working closely with key stakeholders, teams and executives across the CliniSys business.
- Provide professional expertise and sound judgment in relation to all aspects of contract management.
- Negotiate contract terms and schedules with customers (including NHS, public and private sector), suppliers and third parties (including framework providers, channel partners, software and services partners and suppliers) with reference to CliniSys standard negotiation guidelines.
- Plan, manage and administer the production, negotiation and governance reviews of contracts.
- Work closely and build trusted relationships with the Commercial Management Team including Bid Support and Technical Sales, and wider CliniSys business, including Sales, Account Management, Finance, Delivery, Support and external Legal Counsels, to manage contracts through to successful execution.
- Assist our Bid team in the review of contracts issued during the procurement process, supporting the procurement dialogue stage, as appropriate to the requirements of the procurement process.
- With the support of the wider Commercial team understand contracted deliverables, liabilities, indemnities, commercial risk and contractual commitments and drive communication of these throughout the internal stakeholders, gaining any required governance approvals for non-standard terms.
- Undertake appropriate contract reviews to ensure contracts are in line with company strategy and targets.
- Build trusted relationships with customers, suppliers, third-party executive stakeholders and contract/procurement counterparts, in partnership with CliniSys Sales leads.
- Support the regular reporting and management information on contracting to the senior management team.
- Develop and agree through governance new contract templates, maintain existing contract templates.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Contract Management processes, tools, collateral and governance.
- Demonstrable understanding of NHS and healthcare software and services contracting.
- Strong background in commercial contract management, specifically the development and negotiation of contracts based upon agreed parameters.
- Proven ability to negotiate as part of a team.
- Expertise in supporting Sales and Senior Executives as a subject matter expert on contract terms, negotiating with customers, suppliers and third parties.
- Excellent understanding of contract structure, commercial terms, contract risk and obligations.
- Excellent contract drafting skills combined with strong commercial and business acumen.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to the healthcare software and services industry.
- Ability to manage contract production to a plan, managing both the lifecycle of individual contracts and a workload of multiple concurrent contracts.
- Strong attention to detail in all written documentation, with excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills to develop logical ideas, approaches and solutions to non-typical, unusual or difficult situations.
- Strong time management, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Legal background and qualification (or a procurement contracting background and qualification).
- Excellent understanding of the sales lifecycle, for software and services-based solutions and managed services solutions.
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary plus a generous package and great work environment.
This role will initially be based at our Chertsey Head Office, with the ability to transition to home-working. You will be required to undertake travel across to client sites and commitments, company offices, and events, as and when required.