IS A PASSION FOR BEST PRACTICE IN PATHOLOGY, DIAGNOSTICS AND TECHNOLOGY IN YOUR DNA?
CliniSys is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the creator of market-leading products known as WinPath and ICE.
Our systems help medical professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients across the country every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
As we build on our success and expand our solutions portfolio, we are seeking a Domain Lead Solutions Management specialised in Clinical Diagnostics, to join our solutions team working remotely with clients across the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to open up your career and develop yourself into a industry SME (Subject Matter Expert) in the application and usage of technology to advance Biomedical Science.
It is a great role, working as a key part of a solution delivery team on projects with labs across the UK as they implement new LIMS technology.
- Manage the Solutions Management Domain.
- To act as the clinical/technical point of reference for the Domain.
- To manage the implementation of the WinPath LIMS Solution into Trusts and other organisations within the UK as directed by the Infrastructure Architect to satisfy the customer and business requirements.
- To act in a consultative role, with the customer, in configuring the WinPath Software to enhance the workflow of the laboratory with Domain knowledge.
- To be an instrumental element in the functional development of the WinPath Product.
- To keep abreast of ongoing and future Laboratory regulations, working practices, products and technologies within the pathology discipline.
- To understand, comply and develop with customer and CliniSys procedures, working practices and directives in a timely manner.
- To understand our Customers’ workflows, advise and assist with CliniSys products and configuration to facilitate these needs.
- To be fully conversant with the functionality of the Pathology product of your discipline.
- To be conversant with the core functionality of Pathology products.
- Assist Project Managers with the implementation; that will include time management, resource planning and working with Trust or Customer IT representatives.
- Comprehend the Customers’ requirements as specified in the PID (Project Initiation Document) and the design document presented at the Sales stage.
- Contribute to the development of the Software product.
- To make recommendations based on customer feedback with regards to software changes and enhancements.
- Assist with demonstrations/presentations/bid documents for the Sales and Marketing team.
- Deliver relevant courses for key users of pathology, as required.
- To attend/hold team meetings and agreed training courses.
- To be responsive to reasonable requests from your line manager or Project Managers.
- Any other duties commensurate with grade.
- Support of Domain and Domain Product Specialists; including, but not limited to:
- Service Support.
- Product Support.
- User Group.
- Commercial/Sales – Demos, etc.
- P1 review calls.
- 4th Line Review.
- Line Management
- Planning/agreeing resourcing with Project Managers with a view to driving projects forward.
- Reviewing and balancing workload.
- Co-ordinate the training of and training material for, Domain Product Specialists, and equivalent internal Domain training ensuring consistency and repeatability.
- Authorising timesheet tasks/leave and expenses.
- Holding regular 1-2-1, and annual appraisal meetings with Solutions Managers.
- Demonstrating and promoting CliniSys culture and values.
- Promote the development of the Solutions Managers’ knowledge and skills.
- Lead on the recruitment of new Solutions Managers.
- Managing absence, as and when required.
- Formal performance and disciplinary management, as and when required.
- To Manage, Maintain, Document and Promote Master Build and its workflows.
- Form part of a collaborative review process for core WinPath changes. Including, but not limited to:
- Raising and assessment of Domain enhancements for current Products.
- Raising and assessment of Domain defects for current Products.
- Review of appropriate specifications for current Products.
- Assessment and maintenance of Quality Assurance during Projects and Early Life Support.
- Ensure Quality Assurance of on-going implementations via internal support of Service where appropriate.
- Provide Domain-level input to the Delivery Methodology where appropriate. For example:
- CAB Process.
- Domain Processes.
- Continual customer engagement to promote:
- System Design.
- System Build.
- System Test.
- System Validation.
- Service Transition.
- Attendance of Conferences and Domain-related Meetings to ensure:
- External market awareness.
- Continual Professional Development.
- Dissemination of new ideas and approaches.
- Action on output.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- BMS 2 status in the UK Health sector.
- Experienced in leading a team.
- Strong motivational skills – can deliver the tasks in difficult circumstances.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organisational levels.
- High levels of commitment and ability to take action when necessary.
- Ability and willingness to work independently.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to create and deliver executive-level summary reports and presentations.
- Deep understanding and experience of CliniSys LIMS product set (ideally 3 years minimum experience) and how to deploy components into both datacentre and on premise technical infrastructures
- Hands-on practitioner experience for:
- Network, IP routing and firewalls
- Windows operating systems architecture and components
- Web Services
- Oracle Database and Oracle RAC
- Business Objects
- SAN technologies
- VMware and other VDI based technology solutions
- Operational datacentre processes and procedures – for example, Backup/Restore, DR, Failover, etc
- Rhapsody, HL7, Healthcare integration solutions and broader integration technologies/techniques
- SampleNet (and CDM)
- The ability to diagnose, isolate and resolve complex IT issues
- Commercial awareness of project accounting and on-sales
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience within an IT or software providers organisation or implementation.
- Moderate experience in a project management environment is desirable.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted.
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offer a £Competitive Basic Salary plus a generous package and great work environment.
This role will be home-based, and the person selected will be expected to travel across the UK, to events, company and client locations as and when required.