CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
We are looking for a talented and collaborative junior software engineer to join our (ICE) development team at our Uxbridge office.
This is a highly experienced and supportive team committed to providing the very best healthcare software on the market.
As a part of our development team, you will share accountability for developing world-class software solutions to meets the needs of our clients.
- Utilise your experience, passion, innovation and development skills to solve complex challenges with the creation of high-quality software
- Assist in the design, coding, and testing of our software solutions
- Collaborate and fulfil instructions, best practice and guidance as detailed by our Development Leads, Business Analysts and Product Management to complete tasks
- Understand the professional development process and become actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning
- Actively apply feedback received on day-to-day work and strive to improve performance
- Adhere to coding standards defined by technical management
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans
- Understand standard systems development lifecycle processes, and learn and apply our methodology effectively
- Understand project and development plans
- Clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Continue to learn, invest and hone your skills as software engineer to expert level, keeping abreast of best practice, development technologies in our stack
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Have a proven track record of delivering user-focused, innovative software
- One or two years’ commercial experience and/or a portfolio of personal projects available for demonstration, utilising at least two of the following technologies:
- HTML & CSS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Source control
- Unit testing
- Be passionate about delivering excellence in every aspect of their role
- Take responsibility for constantly improving, both in the context of the team through mentoring and training, as well as personally through research and self-learning
- Engage with the team and offer ideas for improvements and enhancements to working practices, tools, frameworks, etc
- Work closely with Business Analysts to get under the skin of the users and truly understand their needs
Education and experience:
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Any experience working for a software vendor is highly desirable
- Any experience with healthcare sector is highly desirable
Why join CliniSys:
- You will work alongside top experts in your field
- Bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Support with developing your career and skillset
- Contribute to the creation of vital healthcare technology that aids and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists to diagnose millions of patients
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 350 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary plus a generous package and great work environment.
The role well be based at our Uxbridge office and may require occasional infrequent travel to other offices, sites or events when required.