CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Product Owner to lead our Agile teams, tasked with creating our market-leading WinPath products, and the next generation of software.
As an integral member of the product management function, the principle focus of this role is to orchestrate the day-to-day definition, prioritisation and tracking of scrum team activities to deliver successful product releases on time and on budget, that align with the product and business strategies and goals.
Product Management Function
- Work as an integral member of the Product Management function, the role of which is to maintain the LIMS product strategy and product release roadmap and their alignment with CliniSys business objectives.
- Working with customers, product management and domain experts to define and document user stories for features and technical components.
Backlog, requirements and release planning
- Maintain and groom a prioritised backlog of features and stories ready for assigning to a product release
- Plan and scope successive product releases that incrementally deliver value to customers, forming the product roadmap
- Confirm and manage customer expectations to minimise scope creep for a release
- Prepare and present material for the key milestones of the CliniSys Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) gates to the wider stakeholder group
- Establish story acceptance criteria and contribute to the story review process
- Ensure UX designs are prepared and agreed on time, for use in demonstrating the vision
- Prioritise work tactically within sprints to maximise engineering productivity, setting the goals and delivering demonstrable value in each
Agile team role
- Orchestrate, inspire and challenge the multidisciplinary product sprint team (engineering, product management, domain experts and UX design) to raise the bar in creating high-quality, world-class software and SAAS applications
- Ensure the team understands the project goals and what the successful release looks like
- Be the voice of the customer and provide a business perspective on value
- Lead the team to solve complex real-world challenges
- Provide quick ‘just in time’ decisions to system level questions and defect triage
- Co-ordinate 3rd party system integrators to drive process on schedule
Process and tracking
- Support the CliniSys Agile Software Development Lifecycle process
- Ensure product changes align with expectations before approval gateways
- Track delivery of engineering projects and releases
- Provide key performance metrics to Product leadership on the delivery and benefits of each iteration
- Keep customers and other stakeholders (particularly Delivery) informed of the status of the product releases
- Provide demos and training to stakeholders as required
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
As a Product Owner, you should;
- Have the ability to plan and manage the development project from start to finish
- Be detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Be mindful of the product goals and re-iterate those to the team with regular frequency
- Have a good understanding of the commercialisation of products, and to present entrepreneurial thinking from the team to leadership as it arises
- Ensure that the product(s) meet the customer needs, whilst remaining aligned with the Product vision and strategy
- Have excellent organisational, leadership, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to delegate requirements analysis duties to the business analysts and track their progress so they deliver on time for when they are needed by you and your team
- Recognise what you don’t know, but be resourceful and build up a network of subject matter experts that you can call upon whenever you need them to avoid delay, and to support JIT decisions.
- Be solution, technology and team facing
Qualifications and experience
- Certified Scrum Alliance Product Owner (CSPO) or equivalent
- Strong understanding of agile development practices and scrum
- Strong understanding of a software development lifecycle
- 2-5 years-experience of a Product Owner leading a team in an agile environment
- Any experience in healthcare and life sciences highly desirable
Why join CliniSys?
- Contribute to the creation of vital healthcare technology that aids and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists to diagnose millions of patients
- Opportunity to shape the work flow used in the front line of Clinical Diagnostics
- Work across a broad family of applications and web services on flagship and next generation technologies
- You will work alongside top experts in your field
- Bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Support with developing your career and skillset
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years’ experience in the industry
- 350 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a competitive basic salary plus a generous package and great work environment.