IS A PASSION FOR BEST PRACTICE IN BLOOD SCIENCES, DIAGNOSTICS AND TECHNOLOGY IN YOUR DNA?
CliniSys is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the creator of market-leading products known as WinPath and ICE.
Our systems help medical professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients across the country every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
As we build on our success and expand our solutions portfolio, we are seeking a Biomedical Scientist, specialising in Blood Sciences, to join our solutions team as a Product Specialist, working remotely with clients across the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to open up your career from the lab and develop yourself into a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in the application and usage of technology to advance Biomedical Science.
It is a great role, bringing you out of the lab and working as a part of a solution delivery team on projects with labs across the UK as they implement new LIMS technology.
- Your role will cover the broad area around the implementation and configuration of CliniSys’ Pathology Software, “WinPath”, and associated applications into hospital and trusts within the UK.
- As a Product Specialist you will act in a consultative role, understanding the customer’s current and future lab environment, workflow and technical requirements.
- Advising and assisting on the implementation and usage of CliniSys products and configuration, to facilitate the workflow in world-class laboratory environments.
- Understanding our customers’ laboratory environments and workflow, whilst advising and assisting on the use of CliniSys products and configuration to facilitate these needs.
- To be fully conversant with the functionality of the Pathology product of your discipline.
- To be familiar with the core functionality of Pathology products.
- Assisting the project manager with the implementation; that will include time management, resource planning and working with Trust or Customer IT representatives.
- Comprehending the customers’ requirements as specified in the PID (Project Initiation Document) and the design document presented at the sales stage.
- Contributing to the development of the software product.
- Making recommendations based on customer feedback with regard to software changes and enhancements.
- Assisting with demonstrations and presentations for the sales and marketing team.
- Delivering relevant courses for key users of pathology, as required.
- Attending team meetings and agreed training courses.
- Being responsive to reasonable requests from your line manager or project managers.
- Contributing to and supporting Pathology team members.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- In-depth background in Biomedical Science within a Pathology / Clinical environment.
- BMS level 2 or 6/7/8 status in the UK health sector.
- Strong understanding of procedure, process, testing and technical equipment used within at Pathology laboratory environment.
- In-depth and expert knowledge in Blood Sciences.
- Passionate in the use of technology and best practice within the laboratory.
- HCPC registered.
- Full UK driving license.
- Great interpersonal and leadership skills to lead a team, mentor clientele or junior skilled staff, and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including communicating with technical and non-technical audiences at all organisational levels.
- Ability and willingness to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to create and deliver executive-level summary reports and presentations.
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offer a£Competitive Basic Salaryplus agenerous packageand greatwork environment.
This role will be home-based, and the person selected will be expected to travel across the UK, to events, company and client locations as and when required.