IS A PASSION FOR BEST PRACTICE IN CELL PATH AND TECHNOLOGY IN YOUR DNA?
CliniSys is the market leading supplier in Europe, of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS). As they build on their success and expand their solutions portfolio, they are seeking a Biomedical Scientist specialised in a discipline of Cellualar Pathology (CELLPATH), Histology, Cytology, and Histopathology to join their solutions team as a Product Specialist.
An exciting opportunity to open up your career from the lab and develop yourself into a SME – Subject Matter Expert in the application and usage of technology to advance Biomedical Science.
It is a great role, bringing you out of the lab and working as a part of a solution team on projects with labs across the UK as they implement new LIMS technology.
- Your role will cover the broad area around the implementation and configuration of CliniSys’ Pathology Software “Winpath” and associated applications into hospital and trusts within the UK.
- As a Product Specialist you will act in a consultative role, understanding the customer’s current and future lab environment, workflow and technical requirements.
- Advising and assisting on the Best Practice of implementation and usage of CliniSys products and configuration, to facilitate the work flow in world class laboratory environments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- To understand our Customers laboratory environments and workflow, whilst advising and assisting on the use of CliniSys products and configuration to facilitate these needs.
- To be fully conversant with the functionality of the Pathology product of your discipline.
- To be conversant with the core functionality of Pathology products.
- Assist Project manager with the implementation; that will include time management, resource planning and working with Trust or Customer IT representatives.
- Comprehend the Customers’ requirements as specified in the PID (Project Initiation Document) and the design document presented at the Sales stage.
- Contribute to the development of the Software product.
- To make recommendations based on customer feedback with regard to software changes and enhancements.
- Assist with demonstrations and presentations for the Sales and Marketing team.
- Deliver relevant courses for key users of pathology, as required.
- To attend team meetings and agreed training courses.
- To be responsive to reasonable requests from your line manager or project managers.
- Contribute to and support Pathology team members and build knowledge base.
To be a great product specialist you need a range of technical skills
And soft skills
- In-depth background in Biomedical Science within a Pathology / Clinical environment.
- Held BMS level 2 or 6/7/8 status in the UK Health sector.
- Strong understanding of procedure, process, testing and technical equipment used within at Pathology laboratory environment.
- In-depth and expert knowledge in one of the following Cell Path disciplines;
- Cellular Pathology
- Gynae Cytology
- Diagnostic Cytology
- Anatomical Pathology
- Cellular Sciences
- Evangelist / Passionate in the use of technology and best practice within the laboratory.
- HCPC registered.
- Great interpersonal and leadership skills to lead a team, mentor clientele or junior skilled staff or collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical audiences at all organizational levels.
- High levels of commitment and ability to take action when necessary.
- Ability and willingness to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to create and deliver executive-level summary reports and presentations.