CliniSys is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
As Programme Director you will provide the interface between programme ownership and delivery and act as a focal point between the business and the programme/project managers. The programme director is the client-facing representative, acting as a single point of contact with a programme/project manager for the day-to-day management in the interests of a successful delivery of programme of works.
Managing a portfolio of pathology and ICE implementation programmes and projects, improving their efficiency and effectiveness through the use of programme / project management processes, tooling improvements and heling to drive business change across the senior pathology subject matter experts, coaching and mentoring key SMEs to lead and excel in their roles thus helping to transform our operational execution processes and procedures.
In addition you will lead key sales opportunities on behalf of the Delivery Director to help lead and coordinate the operational inputs and programme shape inputting into the wider sales process led by the commercial and new business teams.
- Delivery of key projects and programme across our client base implementinglarge scale technology solutions
- Focused on customer satisfaction and ensuring delivery of the required quality of service or products to agreed standards
- Advise and follow the guidance of the Delivery Director and CEO
- To monitor and manage project portfolio and to engage customer Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) within major client programmes
- To develop programme / project management process and tools to achieve target improvements aligned to objectives from the Delivery Director
- To be responsible for programme / management activities in accordance with the company project management procedures (Prince 2 based)
- Programme planning, monitoring and control of all allocated projects
- Undertake risk and issue management
- Maintain finance materials to input to the UK P&L and programme profitability
- Hold and attend regular internal and customer led programme/project meetings (inc PRBS)
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Present to key senior client stakeholders and as needed at CliniSys company events (whether they are internal, client or potential clinically based)
- To motivate all members involved in key programmes to ensure they are completed on time, to the specified cost, quality and performance criteria.
- Coordinating delivery of software developments delivered by the product as necessary to deliver key programmes of work and also influence pathology product strategy working in concert with the product management function
- Overseeing delivery of projects in accordance with the contractual requirements
- Ensuring contract acceptance and sign off by the customer
- Accepting hand over from the sales team to commence programme / project initiation
- To coordinate activities between CliniSys and third parties as required within the scope of the project and help develop better supply chain and partner operational management processes
- To facilitate quality activities of the programme, project and delivery teams
- To progress personal development and encourage the development of other staff members with a particular change in helping own and drive business change initiatives across the operational units
- To contribute to the team spirit within the company and to actively promote a customer-oriented approach
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Participate in cross-functional projects (such as DRS and Solutions meetings)
- Establish if/how we can develop value added services to our customer base to help advise on best pathology practice and assist them in the execution of major pathology and ICE programmes
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
To be a great programme director you need a range of functional and technical skills.
- Strong experience as programme / project manager or programme consultant preferably in the UK Health sector.
- Ideally experienced in MS Project and Prince 2.
- Leadership skills to manage project managers and a portfolio of projects
- Ability and willingness to take initiative toward driving key programmes to completion
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Customer service skills and senior stakeholder engagement / management (up to Cxx) level
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple programmes and projects
- Ability to create and deliver executive-level summary reports and presentations
- Verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrable ability to influence and effect business change
- Demonstrable track record of building and coaching teams of between 5-20 FTE
- Strong consulting and advisory skills
Education and Experience:
Highly experienced in a programme / project management environment
Moderate experience within an IT or software provider organisation
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted.
- Strong experience (10+years) involved in execution of health care sector change programmes
- Proven experience (5+ years) involved in execution of Pathology change programmes and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) implementations
Why join CliniSys?
- You will work alongside top experts in their field
- Bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Take ownership, drive and deliver vital healthcare software solutions that aides and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists diagnose of millions of patients
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 350 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offer a £Competitive Basic Salary plus a generous package and great work environment.
This role will be client facing, and the person selected will be expected to travel across the UK, to events, company and client locations as and when required.