CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
We are looking for a talented and collaborative individual with a good Biomedical Sciences degree and a passion for technology / IT to join our Service team here in Chertsey. So if you have recently completed your Biomedical Sciences degree, know your FBC’s from your U&E’s and are looking for a creative way to put it to good use, or if you are a BMS currently working in a laboratory and looking to develop a career beyond the lab then we need to speak to you.
In this role, you will join our “Services Organisation” tasked with working hand in hand with our customers staff from both their labs and IT functions. You will be working as a key member of our Service Desk team, owning support calls covering anything from a simple configuration change on one interface up to full rebuild of a multi-site LIMS with the support of your colleagues spread throughout the organisation. The work will be challenging and no two days will be the same as it touches on every business area within CliniSys but we can promise your life in our team will not be boring..
This is a great opportunity for those looking to build on their Biomedical Sciences skills to develop your career in a dynamic Pathology support environment. Our Services team promotes an excellent environment to learn in, a strong promotional environment for you to work with while building your technical knowledge and providing access to industry leading technical certification.
- To receive and categorise incoming enquiries from our customers into the CliniSys Call Management system
- Work with customers to collect the relevant information and investigate this incident by analysing the details to understand the cause of fault and provide a solution, guiding the customer to a resolution
- You will respond to customer enquiries both by phone, and in writing to progress the enquiries they raise with CliniSys logging all details into our help desk systems
- Own and progress First Line support requests to resolution or where needed escalate to other support teams within CliniSys
- Develop and maintain rapport with end users by displaying a detailed understanding of their IT environment and Pathology issues/pressures and keeping them upto date of progress and any actions taken.
- Become conversant with the core functionality of Pathology products and that of general disciplines
- Understand our customers’ short and long term strategies, advice and assist with CliniSys products to facilitate these needs.
- Undertake personal development and technical advancement inline with our development structure and learning environment whilst encouraging the development of other team members.
- Work with other colleagues and stakeholders across the business as a part of team to solve any customer issues and
- To maintain and update all documentation issued to you by the company
- Participate in the training of clients and other members of staff as and when required to resolve or aid resolution of Service desk calls.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Strong interest in Biomedical Sciences
- A demonstrable interest in IT with skills beyond MS Office
- High level of customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; you will need to communicate with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organisational levels
- Strong motivational skills – can deliver the tasks in difficult circumstances
- Ability and willingness to learn and work independently and as a part of team
- Strong planning and organisational skills to help planand manage your tasks
- Adaptability / flexible to changing demands
Education and Experience:
- A person with a Biomedical Science degree and little or no NHS laboratory experience
- A MLA/AP with significant NHS laboratory experience beyond that of specimen reception
Why join CliniSys:
- Utilise your current experience in Biomedical Sciences in a new career path
- Work and learn with likeminded colleagues with an interest in Pathology and Technology
- Use your Clinical science knowledge in combination with new technology for one of the most successful LIMS providers in the UK
- To gain experience in all pathology departments while working remotely and troubleshooting incidents
- Gain more lab experience while visiting different NHS hospitals all over the UK
- Learn more about the technical background multiple different analysers used in NHS and private labs
- Working at a company that helps support learning, excellent for Career Development - Grow with us, with support developing your career, skillset and technical certification
- Take ownership and bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Contribute to the creation of vital healthcare technology that aids and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists to diagnose millions of patients
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 350 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary plus a generous package and great work environment.
The role well be based at our Chertsey Office (HQ) and may require occasional travel to other offices, sites or events when required.