CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and passionate Technical Consultant to join our Delivery / Implementation team. In this role you will oversee and undertake customer based enterprise IT infrastructure implementation, to provide high availability / virtualised technology platforms for our mission critical software solutions; supporting critical pathology functions within healthcare organisations.
- Provide best in class consultancy, implementation and support tasks
- Work with Technical Services team, Manager and project managers to oversee and undertake key projects and service requests
- Undertake consultancy and presales duties
- Maintain and contribute to client relationships
- Work with hardware suppliers to manage, configure and implement the appropriate solutions on site.
- Configure hardware maintenance plans.
- Design, agree and implement remote access capabilities.
- Documentation requirements and development, e.g. Server build and configuration audits, disaster recovery, support handover, etc.
- Take part in application deployments/migrations, usually scripted or partially scripted, for various CliniSys products and modules including ICE, WinPath Enterprise and WinPath V5 etc.
- Carry out or assist with database installations, including Oracle (via pre-configured templates) and MSSQL
- Agree backup, virus protection, etc policies with clients
- Maintain documentation and company processes
- Participate in an on call rota both in a standard and escalatory role. (1 week in 3)
- Strong background within an IT environment.
- Microsoft Certified and / or VMware certification – highly advantageous(MCS, MCP, VCP etc)
- Strong Technical background, specifically:
- Virtualisation (VMWare / HyperV),
- Clustering, NLB, High availability,
- Server installation and Maintenance,
- Strong Windows Domain Knowledge.
- Good Active Directory
- Basic Networking knowledge, IIS.
- Able to drive and undertake client facing implementations when needed
- Excellent interpersonal/Communications skills (Written & oral)
- Advanced Powershell scripting and automation skills
- Exposure to Azure or AWS
- Exposure to Oracle RAC / DataGuard, Oracle on Windows and MSSQL.
- Exposure to iSCSI storage or Fibre Channel storage.
- Experience in the UK or Ireland Health sectors is advantageous.
Why join this team and CliniSys:
- You will work alongside top experts in their field
- Lots of variety of work in this team
- Bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Develop and shape how our solutions can benefit day to day work in healthcare organisations
- Contribute to the creation of vital healthcare technology that aids and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists to diagnose millions of patients
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 350 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary and car allowance plus a generous package and great work environment.
This role is office based with the flexibility of occasional home working; you will be required to undertake travel across the UK to client sites and commitments, company offices, and events, as and when needed, though travel in this role is not a frequent occurrence.