IS ENGAGING WITH PEOPLE AND BUILDING PATHOLOGY SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS IN YOUR DNA?
CliniSys is the market-leading supplier in Europe, of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and integrated clinical environments (ICE). As CliniSys builds on its success and expands the current solutions portfolio, we are seeking a Technical Sales Manager to define solutions l lead the Technical Sales Team in working closely with the bid team, account management and team, product management tea, ad delivery teams and the new business sales team to produce high quality bids and design solutions that are managed through the approval process. Following discussion and agreement with the business, this role will be a mixture of home & office working, weekly attendance at the CliniSys Head Office in Chertsey, Surrey, or Uxbridge will be a mandatory requirement of the role. The person selected will be expected to travel throughout the UK and internationally as and when required.
This role takes the primary day to day managerial responsibility for the design of customer solutions during the bid and contracting process, including the line management Technical Sales team and involves taking an active role in the definition of end to end demonstration systems and the delivery of demonstrations of the entire CliniSys & ICE product set. This also includes the responsibility for supporting the sales team with onsite technical selling, cascading of demonstration skills to account managers as required, keeping up-to-date with the company’s products and services and the production of video/slideware to support the sales process.
This role involves working to tight timescales and multi-tasking to ensure that all bids are produced to the highest quality standards and working with the team to ensure compliance with the company’s ISO Sales Process.
- To lead the Technical Sales Team in the management of technical responses to formal tenders.
- Ensuring the Technical Sales Team is planning, preparing and conducting client product demonstrations to the standard expected by the business.
- Ensuring that the Technical Sales Team is acting as a primary point of technical review for both new business solutions and additional sales to existing customers.
- To ensure all bids have a formal analysis of requirements and to ensure that any gaps in the solution are fully understood within the business.
- To progress the bid process, to ensure that content is provided in a timely fashion, and to escalate issues where appropriate.
- To add value to bids by improving the quality of the written response provided by sales, product management and product specialists, ensuring that the appropriate sales messages are included.
- To keep up-to-date with the company’s products, services, strategy and direction.
- To facilitate the planning of scheduled work by ensuring outlook calendars are kept up-to-date with agreed tasks and inform the team of progress on such work, specifically in relation to technical responses.
- To peer review documents to ensure the team is providing a fully documented solution and technical design for opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
To be a successful Technical Sales Manager you need a range of functional, technical and soft skills.
- Experience working with Sunquest ICE and CliniSys LIMS.
- Excellent experience with health informatics, such as our ICE software, or other integrated solutions such as RIS, LIS, LIMS, HIS, OrderComms, HL7.
- Managed SOPs and other formal documentation for at least 5 years.
- Worked in Pathology as a BMS with management responsibilities for at least 3 years.
- Good understanding of the wider healthcare IT ECO systems and organisation structures.
- Strong people / soft / communication skills, with an excellent ability to gather information and navigate, teach, translate or simplify complex technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects either independently or as a part of a team.
- Leadership skills to manage people client sided and internal resource.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative toward project completion.
- Exceptional client and stakeholder management skills.
- Able to travel to customer sites across the UK, which may require overnight stays for extended periods.
- Clean UK driving license.