CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
As we build on success and expand the current solutions portfolio, we are seeking a talented Technical Sales Manager to lead our Technical Sales Team. The team works closely with customers and sales teams, giving technical, pre-sales advice.
This role takes the primary day-to-day managerial responsibility for the design of customer solutions during the sales, bid and contract processes. This includes line management of an experienced team, taking an active role in the definition of end-to-end demonstration systems, and the delivery of demonstrations of all CliniSys & ICE products.
The Technical Sales Manager will be client-facing, meaning the role involves office work, home working, and frequent travel throughout the UK to attend key meetings when required.
- Lead the Technical Sales Team in the management of technical responses to formal tenders
- Ensuring the team is planning, preparing and conducting client product demonstrations to the standard expected by the business
- Ensuring that the team is acting as a primary point of technical review, for both new business additional sales to existing customers
- Ensuring all bids have a formal analysis of requirements and that any gaps in the solution are fully understood within the business
- Developing the bid process, to ensure that content is provided in a timely fashion, and to escalate issues where appropriate
- To add value to bids by improving the quality of the written response provided by sales, product management and product specialists
- To keep up-to-date with the company’s products, services, strategy and direction
- To facilitate the planning of scheduled work by ensuring calendars are kept up-to-date with agreed tasks and timeframes
- To peer review documents to ensure the team is providing a fully documented solution
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
To be a successful Technical Sales Manager you need a range of functional, technical and soft skills.
- Experience working with LIMS and / Or Order Comms product such as WinPath and ICE
- Excellent experience with health informatics, such as our ICE software, or other integrated solutions such as RIS, LIS, LIMS, HIS, OrderComms, HL7
- Managed SOPs and other formal documentation
- Worked in Pathology as a BMS with management responsibilities
- Good understanding of the wider healthcare IT ECO systems and organisation structure
- Strong people and communication skills, with an excellent ability to gather information and translate or simplify complex technical solutions
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects, either independently or as a part of a team
- Ability and willingness to take initiative toward project completion
- Exceptional client and stakeholder management skills
- Able to travel to customer sites across the UK, which may require overnight stays
- Clean UK driving licence