IS DEVELOPING WORLD CLASS WEB & APPLICATION SERVICES IN YOUR DNA?
CliniSys is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Web and Application Services Developer to join us a as key member in our development team, working on our flagship WinPath software here in Chertsey.
As WinPath Services Developer, you will be focused on the development and support of new and existing service applications, product enhancements and support. You will use your skills, innovation and creativity to solve complex challenges, whilst working within an agile development environment to ensure product developments meet all desired timelines.
- Undertaking development requests as required and executing using best practice, working within the company’s ISO processes
- Highlighting where a development task requested presents a design compromise or possible future problem
- Considering the operational, deployment and support impacts of any design decisions made
- Taking an active part in daily scrum meetings to ensure the team leader/scrum master can manage the development projects, and reporting on the product plan
- Participating in the monthly meetings (part of the company communications policy) to ensure end-to-end communication is maintained throughout the company
- Assisting the testing team in their endeavours when questions arise, undertaking rework activities when directed to do so by the development team leader
- Assisting the support team in their endeavours when questions arise
Knowledge, skills, abilities
To be a successful developer here at CliniSys, you will need a range of technical and functional skills. We believe that innovation, teamwork and communication are key to the success of team working through technical challenges.
- In-depth background in developing web and application services
- Strong technical skills utilising key technologies such as:
- nHibernate or equivalent ORMs
- TDD -Testing Frameworks
- Good understanding of the following technologies;
- Visual Studio 2012 (or above)
- Team Foundation Server
- XML / XSD
- .Net 4Framework or above
- Sprint .NET
- Microsoft Testing Framework / nUnit or equivalent
- Application Server
- Strong understanding of agile development practices and scrums
- Experience of working within an environment employing TDD
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the confidence to make and stand by decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to recognise your audience’s technical understanding and level and adapt accordingly
Why join CliniSys?
- Working in an excellent team - you will work alongside top experts in their field
- You can put your own innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Worthwhile work, helping us create vital healthcare software solutions that supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists in diagnosing millions of patients
- We are the UK and Europe’s market leader, with exciting development projects and technology advancements in the pipeline
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class-leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 350 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £Competitive Basic Salary plus a generous package and great work environment.